The PR-23-GC is an industrial, compact process refractometer for the general industry small pipeline and bypass line applications. The PR-23-GC sensor is easy to install in the process either directly in a pipe elbow by a Sandvik coupling connection or in a straight pipe via a wafer flow cell or a pipe flow cell.The measurement range covers 0-100 % by weight. The accuracy is typically ±0.1 % b.w. and the measurement is automatically temperature compensated. Low and high concentration alarms can be configured. Because of the digital sensing technology, even large amounts of suspended solids, bubbles or color changes do not affect the measurement or the accuracy. The flangeless Wafer flow cell is a compact alternative to traditional flanged pipe flow cells. The Wafer refers to a flow cell body that is installed between DIN, ANSI or JIS piping flanges with bolts and nuts. The Wafer flow cell is a one-piece body construction with no welds. If the harsh environments or aggressive process fluid require a better material grade against chemical corrosion, higher alloys and special wetted parts materials are available. Each sensor is provided with a calibration certificate comparing a set of standard liquids to the actual sensor output. The calibration and accuracy can be verified on-site with the certified Refractive Index liquids and K-Patents documented procedure.
- Universal calibration of each sensor: All sensors are freely interchangeable.
- Full measurement range Refractive Index nD 1.3200 – 1.5300, which corresponds to 0-100 % by weight.
- Special wetted parts materials such as AISI 904L stainless steel, Alloy 20, Hastelloy C-276, Nickel 200, Titanium ASTM B348 or SAF 2205 available.
- Both flow cell mounting designs create optimum flow velocity on the measurement surface providing a good self-cleaning effect. The flow cells have also an optional automatic wash system capability.
- Dual connectivity: one transmitter can operate two sensors. A second sensor can be easily integrated later.
- Completely digital system: particles and bubbles do not affect operation or accuracy.
- Patented CORE-optics: no drift, no re-calibration, no mechanical adjustments.
- Ethernet connection and remote panel for data-logging and remote operation.
- Process temperature range: -40°C…130°C (-40 °F…266 °F).
- Fast process temperature measurement by built-in Pt1000 and automatic temperature compensation.
- Easy on-site instrument verification within users’ own quality assurance system with standard Refractive Index liquids.
- Intrinsic safety and hazardous area approvals available on request.
Learn about other In-Line Liquid Measurement options available at BBP.DOWNLOAD BROCHURE