Extrusion Burst Plugs
Extrusion Burst Plugs (bursting discs) are pressure relief devices designed for over-pressure protection of plastic extrusion processes.
- Each EBP assembly consists of a threaded tubular body with a rupture disk welded onto the process end
- ZOOK has the ability to supply any specific combinations of dimensions, threading, and body configuration
- The EBP assembly is mounted directly into the extruder equipment through a pressure port or thermocouple-well where critical pressures are experienced
- Body materials: 304 series Stainless Steel with other materials available on request
- Standard rupture disk material: Inconel
- Stocked burst ratings 1,000 psig to 15,000 psig in 500 psi increments (for higher pressures contact ZOOK)
- 0% manufacturing range
- Burst tolerance ± 10% with typical standard deviation of ± 1% throughout the temp range of 300°F to 750°F (149°C to 399°C)
- Standard EBPs in stock
- Customized designs available
- 100% factory leak-tested
- 100% electronic thread verification of every assembly utilizing digital imaging
- 100% ultra-sonically cleaned prior to shipment
- Private labeling, custom packaging and other options available
Graphite Rupture Disks
Metal Rupture Disks
Rupture Disk Alarm Sensors
The Rupture Disk (bursting disc) Alarm Monitor is a surface mounted monitor designed to remotely detect the condition of a rupture disk (bursting disc) in service. Used in conjunction with the ZOOK ZENSOR®, BA, RDI, BI or similar devices, it will immediately warn the operator of a ruptured disk.
Learn more about products from Zook available from BBP here.